Afterlight Revisited

At this time last December I made the DeadLetterBirds blog, with the most immediate purpose being the online publication of Afterlight - a collection of misfit poems executed over my two years living in Toronto. In many ways, that intention neatly sums up my 2010 as one slow but effective cleansing period which gradually distanced me from the fog of 2009. Whether the twenty-four poems of Afterlight ever echoed the veering instability of that time, I can't say, but the memory of writing them makes clear that I've little interest in reliving those triggers anymore. That's why all of the Afterlight poems have been removed, as of today.


I began writing again in the spring of 2011 and haven't stopped. At present, DeadLetterBirds may boast nothing but a string of fresh starts but I'm hopeful that a new year will find me chronicling some additional news and poetry here. With those two-year-old poems now removed, it feels as though a burden has been lifted from this humble space. A burden the weight of cobwebs. It feels good to clean up sometimes.

Comments

Popular Posts